As we enter the fall season, home sales start to slow down. Families don’t want to move once their kids start school. Plus, as the weather starts to cool, people are less likely to want to begin a move. So, here are some tips for selling your home in the off seasons.
1. Price it right from the start. Agents know the market in which they are selling. And home buyers are equipped with much knowledge of the market as well. So instead of pricing high, skip the tough negotiations and price your home at a fair price form the start.
2. Curb appeal. Curb appeal has a lot to do with the sale of a home. It is the first impression you are making. Plant some flowers, paint your front door and maybe even replace your mailbox.
3. Update and refresh. A coat of paint can do wonders to make a house more attractive. Inside and outside painting is paramount when looking to sell your home. New fixtures and light landscaping are also good ideas.
4. Clean and declutter. Remove knickknacks and excess items and furniture. The fewer things there are in the home, the larger it will look.
5. Depersonalize. You may have taken great care to add family photos and religious symbols in just the right places, but this doesn’t get a prospective buyer to envision themselves in the home. So remove these items so buys can visualize how they would add their personal touches to the home.
6. Fix anything that’s obviously broken. Is there a water stain on the ceiling? Does a fence need to be repaired? These are red flags to a prospective buyers that makes them wonder “What else may be wrong with the house that I’m not seeing?”
If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comment section below. Also, feel free to share it by clicking the share buttons below. Want us to cover another topic related to grouting products and techniques? If so, then like us, follow us, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you’d like us to discuss: Facebook TheTileDoctor, Instagram @thetiledoctor and Twitter @thetiledoctor.